1927 CHEVROLET 1AA – COUPE 21.7 HP CHARMING ART DECO CLASSIC.
For sale 1927 Chevrolet Capitol Series AA that benefited from an overhaul 10 years ago. Family-owned for the past 12 years, it was mostly stored away but has ventured out to a number of car shows locally and was transported on a trailer to shows further afield.
Although mostly stored, it's started and driven on a regular basis to ensure everything works as it should.
Originally an Ohio registered car then later a Florida car . We have the original bill of sale from 1927 to a MR L G Moore . Lovely document to have
First registered in the UK 01/ 08/ 2016.
- 10 years ago the car had a complete overhaul.
- Cream and black exterior bodywork is in very presentable condition for its age. (Nearly 100 years old !!!)
- All the chrome was redone during the car's overhaul, still presentable to this day.
This model though the same shape as the more common Model A has an opening boot space as opposed to a dickie seat.
We noticed while cleaning the interesting fuel tank mounted Fuel gauge which when low on fuel uses the term ?EMTY? not sure why they missed the ?P?. Maybe someone was taking it !!!!.
- New fabric roof covering with Faux chrome mouldings adorn on the side.
- Cream and black wheels in good condition with original type cross ply tyres.
- Cream leather with black pipping, this was re-trimmed at the same time as the car's overhaul.
- Everything works electronically.
- Re-trimmed cream headlining. The interior has a wind up front windscreen , which ive never seen before on a car of this vintage.
- During the restoration the car's engine was stripped and also treated to a complete overhaul.
An upgrade to electric fuel pump with regulator has been fitted. The car advance and retard and hand throttle both work , controlled on the steering wheel
- It runs and drives well for a 1927 car, with no known faults.
- All the wiring was redone 3/ 4 years ago by a specialist. Sill on its original 6v.
- Fisher body plaque number 4470 attached to the bulkhead.
Along with the spare spare plus etc.
A really quirky vintage classic from that great Gatsby / Art Deco period that oozes style. Car is in our showroom and ready to go following some detailing , Full HD video available on request . Trailered transport offered at cost .